Thursday, January 3, 2013

Hooky and Knitting

We played hooky today - a friend called last night to see if we wanted to go on a hike/picnic today.  I thought we'd be back early in the afternoon and could do our ML then, but the kids had so much fun (and so did I), that we stayed until nearly dinner time (sadly I didn't get any photos because my phone wasn't charged)!

Yoav was so concerned about our school work - when he saw it getting dark, he said, "What are we going to do?  We didn't do school today!  We'll have to do two tomorrow."  I'm SO glad he's enjoying (home)school again!

Yoav's knitting project this week was to make a little drawstring pouch.  We got the idea here.

Yoav loved knitting it and finished today as we were about to go to sleep (he brought it up to bed to finish as I was reading our nighttime story.)

Yoav's treasure pouch

I made a similar one for Elie so he wouldn't be left out.  I thought it was so cute - pattern (and photos of her prettier pouch) here.

Treasure Pouch - Three Irish Girls yarn

He put his little pocket doll in the pouch when he went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment